Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Secrets - keep them or tell them?

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day or night to read what GOD has put on my heart. Comments are welcome. 

Happy (even before winter is officially here) SNOW DAY!!!! By the time I get this posted it will be snow night. Hahaha!

Anybody have any suggestions for songs about SECRETS?

About hiding something; secret hiding places, secret moments, secret passwords, secret missions, secret admirers, secret confessions...you name it!!

Right off the top of my head, I thought of... Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto - "Secret, secret. I've got a secret."  

Here are just some of the lyrics from the 80's song by the rock band, Styx.

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive-just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see
I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour, forget what you know
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
Beyond my control-we all need control
I need control-we all need control

I am the modren man, who hides behind a mask
So no one else can see my true identity

Looking back at these lyrics, I know for sure when I used to sing to this song that I didn't really know all the words or understand them. I just loved mostly the beat to it!! It was just a fun song to sing. 

As I was in my private devotion time with GOD this morning, I was reading these verses in the Bible and HE hit me like a ton of bricks!

In Mark 4, Jesus was in the middle of telling many parables (stories) to the crowds that were gathered around the area. 

Jesus went on: “Does anyone bring a lamp home and put it under a washtub or beneath the bed? Don’t you put it up on a table or on the mantel? We’re not keeping secrets, we’re telling them; we’re not hiding things, we’re bringing them out into the open. “Are you listening to this? Really listening? (Mark 4:21-23 MSG)

So, for those of us who know Jesus as our LORD and Savior, should we be keeping secrets or telling them?? 

When we answer this question from a worldly perspective, we say... keep secrets. Why not? Nobody will know, anyway. I can think, say or do whatever I want. It's my life. No one can tell me differently. 

These comments are quite common if we live by the ways of world without knowing the LORD. 

We can be saved and have this type of mindset, but it's just like being in our own personal spiritual prison cell. 

I know for myself, when I stay in the word of GOD, I can then begin to see the simple principles of HIS word that literally enfold in my day to day life to help me overcome thoughts of self satisfaction. 

Instead of thinking in a way that only pleases myself, I can then choose to think, say, and do what is right and good for myself and others. 

One of the most powerful secrets revealed to me as a believer is complete and utter freedom in Christ!! 

Mostly everyone can memorize John 3:16, and do what it says, yet if only we would take that a step further and realize the freedom that goes way beyond salvation. 

Just think how carefree, light and airy we would be! Don't get me wrong, we will still have struggles, but we will look at them in a whole new light. 

Reminds me of a butterfly, and what that beautiful creature used to be. 



The secrets are revealed right in the pages of scripture. It's absolutely life changing but it's up to you to let that happen!  

Want freedom from keeping secrets, being unable to forgive someone, having uncontrollable anger, fear, anxiety?...just to name a few heavy weights we were never meant to carry.  

Simply, don't keep what GOD has done for you a secret! 

This good news is meant for us to tell every living and breathing person on the face of the planet!!

What are you waiting for? 

Go tell Satan's best kept secret there is to tell!! 

Because I can assure you of this, he wants everything to be kept a secret!! 

But GOD, and the Truth is out....

JESUS is FREEDOM!!! 

Until next time... 

Enjoy the rest of your week! 

In HIM,
Annamarie 



1 comment:

  1. Amazing honey! Absolutely amazing!! U did an AWESOME job writing this!

    ReplyDelete