Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Who's The Boss?

Hi! 

Okay.  So, right away I didn't think of the old sit com, Who's the Boss? with Tony Danza as the housekeeper of a single woman and her two young children. Not to mention, a fun loving crazy mother in the mix. 

But I couldn't help going on YouTube to take a stroll down memory lane. 

That was such a fun show to watch. I remember laughing at all the funny and crazy antics of the actors. They looked like they had a lot of fun on that show. 

I'm chuckling right now, thinking of some of the scenes. 

I know, I'm showing my age with how old this show is. It just struck me during my devotional time with The LORD.



Check out the lyrics to the show's theme song:

"There’s a time for love and a time for living. 
You take a chance and face the wind. 
An open road and a road that’s hidden 
A brand new life around the bend. 
There were times when I lost a dream or two. 
Found the trail, and at the end was you. 
There’s a path you take and a path untaken 
The choice is up to you my friend. 
Nights are long but you’re on your way 
To a brand new life, Brand new life, 
Brand new life around the bend."

Right away, I can't help but think of how Jesus is the Boss of my life, but HE's only been in that driver's seat for nearly ten years. 

There was a catch...I let had to allow HIM that place. 

What I'm saying is...HE wasn't driving me. 

Back when, when this show was on and very popular along with countless others, I didn't give Jesus or even these profound lyrics a second thought.

I was driving myself...and I don't mean crazy! Yet, I could have went crazy. 
No matter where you are on the path of life, you want to have positive experiences. 

Right? 

I thought for years and years of my life that I was experiencing the good things as the days, weeks, months and years went by. 

Is it me, or does time just fly right on by?

I was going along happily married to a husband who adores me with three beautiful children. Do I have to mention, from two different men in my life? I have parents that love me and did the best they knew how to raise me, being the oldest one of five children. 

The choice was up to me to continue on the path I was on, without even an inkling that I was spiraling downward.  On the other hand, I could take the fork in the road going UPWARD.

In other words, I could continue to think I was the boss of my life and it's all about me, me, me!! 

If I did that, I would have never known exactly just what the theme song says, or should I say what it means... "a brand new life around the bend." It was my path untaken. 

Look at what Jesus says here in the gospel of Mark:

Calling the crowd to join HIS disciples, HE said, “Anyone who intends to come with ME has to let ME lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I AM. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow ME and I’LL show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, MY way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for? “If any of you are embarrassed over ME and the way I’M leading you when you get around your fickle and unfocused friends, know that you’ll be an even greater embarrassment to the SON of Man when HE arrives in all the splendor of GOD, HIS Father, with an army of the holy angels.” (Mark 8:34-38 MSG)

All I know is, I could have never put my thoughts in writing like this before. 

If GOD's Word doesn't come alive off the pages of scripture AND completely transforms lives, there would have NEVER been any real change in the way I think, say and do things. 

So ask yourself, where am I in my life? 

Do I drive my life?

You may say, I can't possibly let an invisible force in the driver's seat. 

I'll crash! 

Quite the contrary, we will all crash if we don't let our Creator take that seat in life. 

Let's see who's gonna drive here! Lol!

This pic is from Spaceship Earth Future World in EPCOT. Through technology, we created our own world. 

Can we really create anything on our own or do we really need our Creator?

You choose, but won't you choose wisely?

Again, from the theme song..."the choice is up to you, my friend."

Let's try to wrap our minds around this... that The GOD of the Universe, whom we cannot see, loves each and everyone of us no matter what path we choose. 

What's even more hard to fathom is HE loves us way too much to keep us on the wrong path if that's where we are or where we're headed. 

To sum it all up... I "Found the trail, and at the end was YOU" JESUS!!

Thanks so much for tuning in today!

Have a fantastic day!

In HIM,
Annamarie 

No comments:

Post a Comment